Holi is a few days away! Along with a fun time with friends, family, and a bashing celebration, the incredible festival of colors also bring skin problems. But, skin issues should not be a hindrance to your fun time.
Hence, it is important to understand the necessities of your skin and provide it with the best care before and after the celebration. Here are some easy skincare tips for Holi, that will keep your skin protected, so that you can enjoy this festival without worrying about your skin and hair.
Pre-Holi Skincare Routine To Keep Your Skin Protective
The colors used during the celebration of Holi could trigger some skin issues. Hence, to avoid such side effects, it is best to prepare your skin and keep it protected.
1. Rub Ice Cubes
Before you go out to play Holi, try closing your pores with ice cubes. This will help keep the color from getting into your pores. After you have finished washing your face with an Ayurvedic face wash, you can try rubbing some ice cubes on it. Rub the ice on your face for at least 15 minutes to prevent the toxic and chemical dyes from penetrating your skin and causing breakouts.
2. Don’t Forget the SPF Protection
Playing Holi outside is where most people choose to do it. However, prolonged contact with the elements, particularly the sun, color, and water, can cause your skin to lose hydration. As a direct consequence of this, it may cause your skin to get browned and dry. In addition, once your skin has developed a tan, it is far more difficult to return it to its natural skin tone. Before going outside to play Holi, you must apply Yahvi Illuminating Day Cream With Manjistha & Aloevera to keep your skin hydrated and layer it with a natural sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun. This will allow you to prevent any potential issues.
3. Apply Moisturizer to Your Skin and Oil to your Hair
The application of moisturizer-like oil to the skin is another useful skincare tip for Holi. Some Holi colors might be harsh on your skin and hence it is recommended that you use organic oils on your skin to bring back the skin's natural texture. However, you can also apply a generous amount of Yahvi body butter as a protective layer.
While protecting your skin, don’t forget your beautiful locks. Chemical dyes might damage them as well. Hence, gently apply the Yahvi Hair Oil Onion to naturally protect your hair.
4. Keep Your Lips Nourished With Lip Balm
Your lips are part of your skin that is the most sensitive. Before going outside, it is essential to apply a layer of a nourishing natural lip balm to cover it up. Do not forget to do this. Your lips will feel more hydrated after using a natural lip balm, and the gaps in your lips will be protected from the toxic colors that can be found in some lipsticks.
Post-Holi Skincare Routine To Keep Your Skin Protective
Simple washing and bathing might not be enough after a blasting Holi celebration, your skin needs more than that. Plan your post-skincare routine for Holi with Organic products from Yahvi.
1. Clean Your Skin with an Organic Foaming Face Wash
You should clean your face using a foaming face wash such as Yahvi Foaming Face Wash Deep Cleansing Formula With Aloevara & Green Apple since it is great for eliminating dirt, colors, and extra oil from your skin. Additionally, it helps the skin to keep its natural moisture for longer. Always make sure to use a cleanser that is formulated for your specific skin type to avoid any adverse reactions or skin damage.
2. Hydrate Your Skin
Hydration is one of the important steps in the skincare routine for Holi. While thoroughly cleaning your skin, along with the harsh Holi colors, the natural oil of your face also gets stripped away. Hence, you must use a hydrating moisturizer to properly moisturize your skin. Make sure to apply Yahvi Face Serum Cucumber before face serum, to lock the hydration and nourish your skin from within.
3. Apply Face Mask
To get rid of the chemical colors, it would be beneficial for you to utilize natural facial masks or cleanses. You can make use of things like Turmeric, Rosewater, and Sandalwood in your preparations. Your skin will benefit from the use of all of these substances, and you won't have any adverse reactions as a result. In addition, make it a point to keep applying these face masks for as long as it takes for the Holi color to be entirely removed from your skin.
4. Take Care of Those Sunburns
Playing Holi in the sun may likely leave you with sunburns if you do it outside. If you rub an ice cube that has been wrapped in a tiny cloth all over the damaged regions of your skin, it can help to soothe your skin and lessen the redness and burns that have occurred.
Holi Skincare Routine for Different Skin Types
Different skin has different necessities and hence skincare products should be wisely chosen from Yahvi’s skincare range according to your skin type.
Here are some steps to follow—
Skincare Products for dry skin
- The very first step in the skincare routine for Holi is to use the best body wash from Yahvi. The natural body wash collection helps to gently cleanse your skin and nourishes it. Avoid using harsh soaps and detergents as much as possible because they have the potential to strip the skin of its natural oils, leaving it feeling dry and irritated. Since you have dry skin, the organic body wash does not strip away the natural oil and keeps your skin moisturized.
- Second, once you get out of the shower and while your skin is still damp, spread a heavy moisturizer Yahvi Body Butter Tissue Firming With Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter & Aloevera all over your body. This will assist lock in moisture and offer hydration that lasts for a longer period.
- Third, make sure to drink a lot of water throughout the day to replace any fluids that you lose and to assist in reestablishing the natural equilibrium of your skin.
- Finally, it is recommended that the individual consume nutritious foods to obtain all of the nutrients that are necessary for their skin.
Skincare Products for Oily and Combination Skin Type
- Before you head out to the party, it is recommended to use a generous amount of moisturizer to act as protection from the sun.
- Since oily skin is more prone to acne, you must quickly remove the color from the face to avoid any acne break out. Use Ayurvedic face wash for natural deep cleansing of your skin.
- In addition, you might try using a clay mask to pull out any more pollutants.
- If you still feel some impurities lingering on your skin, then consider exfoliating with an Ayurvedic face scrub.
- Then, complete the routine by applying an oil-controlling moisturizer to your face and a light nourishing body cream all over your face.